HUE Camera Viewer is a free tool for connecting to your HUE camera using Google’s Chrome browser on Windows, macOS or Chrome OS. It is currently in development and further details will be available on this page following release.
Already using the beta version of our app? Please see below for help with common setup problems.
How to Set Chrome to Recognize the HUE Camera?
Open your Chrome Browser and Select the HUE Camera in Settings.
- Open Chrome, then click or tap the menu in the top right of the browser window. It’s represented by three horizontally-stacked dots. One quick way to get there is to hit Ctrl + Shift + Del and then hit the Escape key when that window appears. Then, click or tap Content settings and skip down to Step 5.
- Choose Settings from the menu.
- Scroll all the way down the page and open the Advanced link.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Privacy and security section and choose Content settings.
- Choose either Camera or Microphone to access either setting.
- Refresh the site
Note: If the camera is still not recognized then click the green Secure label that is before the website address at the top left of the browser. Then click Site settings and allow the Camera and Microphone.