If your HUE camera isn’t listed as a capture source in Stop Motion Studio software, checking your computer’s Privacy settings could solve the issue quickly and easily.
In this FAQ you will find written instructions and images – for macOS and Windows – to show you how to allow the Stop Motion Studio app to access your HUE camera.
Instructions for macOS
The Privacy tab will have options to block or allow applications to access your Camera and Microphone. Please ensure that the HUE software you want to use has permission to access both the camera and the microphone; this should unlock the video and audio features in the software.
If the software is missing from the list, removing it and then reinstalling it to the Applications folder should cause macOS to detect it properly. Please contact us if you are having any additional trouble.
Some non-Apple antivirus and security applications also block camera connections by default. Checking your security software settings should help with most connectivity problems.
To allow the Stop Motion Studio app to access your camera:
- Go to the Apple menu.
- Choose System Preferences.
- Click Security & Privacy (also called Privacy & Security in some versions of macOS).
- Choose Camera from the menu.
- Allow the Stop Motion Studio app to access your camera.
Instructions for Windows
To prepare your HUE camera for Stop Motion Studio on Windows PCs:
- Open the Settings page and click on the Privacy button.
- Click on the Camera option on the left side then toggle the button under Allow apps to access your camera.
- Scroll down and toggle the button next to Stop Motion Studio.
- Click on the Microphone option on the left side to reveal the microphone privacy settings.
- Follow the same steps as you did with the Camera privacy settings by toggling the relevant options.