The competition is run by Ascent Information Technology Ltd trading as HUE. Ascent Information Technology Ltd is registered in England and Wales at Hunt House Farm, Frith Common, Tenbury Wells, Worcs. WR15 8JY, with company registration number 2927800.
Rules at a glance:
Closing date: Please check the competition announcement post for the closing date of the competition, which falls on midnight (GMT) of the published date. Competition entries received after the closing date will not be considered for a prize.
Entrants: Entrants must be over the legal age of majority in their country of residence at the time of entry.
Judging: The winners will be chosen and prizes will be awarded by a panel of judges selected by the company from its employees.
Notification: All winners will be notified by a direct message. It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure that they check their notifications to make arrangements to receive their prize. If we don’t receive a reply from you within 48 hours of receipt of our communication we will pass your prize to another winner. The winners will be selected the day after the Closing Date unless stated otherwise in the rules for the competition (the Announcement Date).
Prizes: Prizes will be posted within 14 days of receipt by the company to the winner’s full postal address. Please note that where a prize cannot be sent out from the country where the winner is located, it will be sent out from London, UK. If payment of local import taxes and duties applies, these are the responsibility of the winner.
Geographical exclusions: Unfortunately, we are unable to accept entries from residents of the following states and countries due to local restrictions. The competition excludes residents of Cuba, Iran, Syria, North Korea, Italy, Brazil, Myanmar, Sudan, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, the province of Quebec in Canada, and any other jurisdictions where the competition would be prohibited by law.
By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1) No purchase necessary.
2) HUE will not accept responsibility for competition entries that are not registered or uploaded correctly, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
3) The competition entries will be judged based on the subjective interpretation of the creativity and originality of the entries. The decision of the judge (acting reasonably) will be final. HUE reserves the right to amend the criteria used to judge entries.
4) By entering the competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you in your entry is unique, true, accurate and complete in every respect. HUE reserves the right to verify any information contained in your entry and/or your eligibility to enter the competition.
5) Entrants shall not submit any drawing that uses any political slogans or homophobic language, images of a lewd or explicitly sexual nature, images containing overt brand sponsorship, content which is defamatory, obscene, illegal, vulgar, offensive or otherwise unsuitable or infringes others’ rights (including intellectual property rights).
6) HUE reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that an entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions, any applicable law (including copyright law) or has otherwise infringed the intellectual property of any other person. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that any failure to comply with these terms and conditions could lead to HUE disqualifying that person, without HUE giving any reason for such disqualification or granting any opportunity for challenge.
7) In the event that a prize-winner is disqualified from the competition, HUE will select an alternative prize-winner in the same manner as the original prize-winner and such selection will be subject to these terms and conditions.
8) A condition of entry is that the parent(s), teachers or guardian(s) of any entrant that is aged under the legal age of majority in their country of residence at the time of entry has consented to that person’s entry into the competition and these terms and conditions. Entrants may be required to provide proof of identity and if aged under the age of majority, should be able to demonstrate to HUE’s satisfaction that their parent/guardian/teacher has given their consent to such entry.
9) There is no cash alternative for the prize. The prize is not negotiable or transferable.
10) The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
11) HUE will contact the winner personally as soon as practical after each Announcement Date.
12) If you are the winner of the prize, you will have 28 days from the Announcement Date to claim the prize by responding to an email or social media message which will be sent to you by HUE. You will need to provide your contact details, including your name, telephone number and email address. If you do not claim the prize by this date, your claim will become invalid. The prize may be claimed by a parent, teacher or legal guardian on your behalf.
13) HUE will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available, or has not claimed their prize within 48 hours of the Announcement Date, HUE reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant selected from the entries that were received.
14) HUE does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the prize.
15) No prize will be awarded where any entrant has committed any form of misconduct (as determined by HUE in its sole discretion).
16) You agree that HUE may use your entry (whether or not it wins the competition) for any promotional purpose (for example, placing it on the HUE website or on any poster, leaflet or other advertising media). You confirm that your entry is original, that you own and have the right to license to HUE the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the entry for the purposes referred to in these terms and conditions, but you give HUE (and any third party authorised by HUE) your irrevocable permission to use, reproduce, publish, display, transmit, copy, amend, store, sell and sub-licence your entry worldwide for such promotional purposes and for the purposes of the competition.
17) By submitting your competition entry and any accompanying material, you agree to assign to HUE all your intellectual property rights with full title guarantee; and waive all moral rights, in and to your competition entry and otherwise arising in connection with your entry to which you may now or at any time in the future be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
18) You agree that HUE may, but is not required to, make your entry available on its our social media channels and websites and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the competition. You agree to grant HUE a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the competition entry, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the competition entry for such purposes.
19) If you are the winner of the competition, you agree that HUE may use your name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
20) You further agree to participate in any reasonable publicity required by HUE.
21) By entering the competition, you agree that any personal information provided by you with the competition entry may be held and used only by HUE to administer the competition.
22) In the event of any dispute regarding these terms and conditions, the conduct or results of the competition, or any other matter relating to a competition, the decision of HUE shall be final and unchallengeable and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into, comment issued, or reason given in respect of any decision made by HUE.
23) HUE reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend all or any part of the competition where it becomes necessary to do so. Any changes to these terms and conditions, or cancellation of the competition, will be posted on the HUE website. It is the responsibility of entrants to keep themselves informed as to any changes to the terms and conditions.
24) Insofar as is permitted by law, HUE, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, disappointment, personal injury or death occurring as a result of any entrant entering this competition, taking up the prize, or as a result of any entrant winning or not winning any prize, except where it is caused by the negligence of HUE, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
25) These terms and conditions and any dispute arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter (including any non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.