HUE Camera Viewer is a free tool for connecting to your HUE camera using Google’s Chrome browser on Windows, macOS or Chrome OS. It is currently in development and further details will be available on this page following release.
You can try the beta version now here.
Already using the beta version of our app? Please see below for help with common setup problems.
FAQs: HUE Camera Viewer
Open your Google Chrome browser settings and Select the HUE Camera.
- Open HUE Camera Viewer in the Google Chrome browser, then click or tap the menu in the top right of the browser window. It’s represented by three horizontally-stacked dots. One quick way to get there is to hit Ctrl + Shift + Del and then hit the Escape key when that window appears. Then, click or tap Site settings and skip down to Step 5.
- Otherwise, choose Settings from the menu.
- Scroll all the way down the page and open the Advanced link.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Privacy and security section and choose Site settings.
- Choose either Camera or Microphone to configure either setting.
- Refresh the site.
Note: If the camera is still not recognized then click the Secure label next to the website address in the top left of the browser window. Then click Site settings and allow the Camera and Microphone.
On some older versions of Chrome, the Site settings area is called Content settings.
HUE Camera Viewer is currently only supported for the Google Chrome browser, compatible with Windows, macOS, Chrome OS and Linux. We recommend checking that your browser is up to date before using the software.
While it may be possible to use HUE Camera Viewer in other browsers, support is only available for Google Chrome at this time.
Please note that Frame by Frame mode and the Onion Skinning tool will be removed in the next update so that we can focus on the presentation tools.
Tutorials: HUE Camera Viewer
Please note that HUE Camera viewer is currently offered as a beta version for testing. The beta version of the app may have features that will differ from the final version. If you need any help, please check the FAQs and contact us for further assistance.
To access HUE Camera Viewer, visit the link using the Google Chrome browser. You should be asked for permission to use your Camera and Microphone; if you do not see the pop-ups you may need to configure your Chrome security settings.
This Tutorial will be expanded in the coming days.