Ascent Information Technology Limited, trading as HUE, is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you. Our full contact information can be found at the bottom of this page.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- The rights you have regarding your Personal Data
- Requesting your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data Subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
We/us (either capitalized or not) – Ascent Information Technology Limited, trading as HUE.
Data Protection Principles
We comply with the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Your rights as a Data Subject
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Requesting your Personal Data
Should you wish to see the data that we hold about you at any time, you can make use of this tool.
Please contact us if you wish to exercise any of your other rights, or if you have trouble with the form above. We will respond with full details of the steps we took to comply with your request.
Data we gather
Information you have provided to us
Signing up for an account through our website requires that you provide an e-mail address. Any other information is voluntary, unless you are placing an order through our website shop, in which case we will require your e-mail address, name, billing address, delivery address, country of use (we are required to collect this information for software orders for European VAT calculation purposes) and other details necessary for delivering you a product/service or to enhance your customer experience with us. We save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your user name (if you have selected one) and your e-mail address.
If you choose to submit a contact form through our site, for example to request a quotation or technical support, we may collect additional details. The optional details we require will be clearly displayed on the contact form itself and these may also include a timestamp, IP address, your web browser version (user agent string) and website currency setting if that information is required for technical support reasons relating to your request. We will not use data submitted through our contact forms for any purposes other than that directly relating to the form. For example, if you submit a form asking for technical support your e-mail will be treated as a technical support request. We will never add you to any marketing lists as a result of a contact form submission unless you specifically ask us to do so.
Registering our HUE Intuition and HUE Animation software requires providing an e-mail address which automatically signs the user up for an account. This is explained in the software’s license agreement, which is shown to the user prior to the collection of data. We can completely remove the e-mail address details from our system upon request, as with any personal data we have gathered. Please contact us if you would like more information about the information we collect.
Information automatically collected about you
Information from our partners
We occasionally receive information from our trusted partners with confirmation that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided them directly with or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds. See the list of our partners here.
Publicly available information
While it would be unusual, there may be circumstances where we might gather information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- provide our service to you. This includes for example registering your account; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services.
- enhance your customer experience;
- fulfil an obligation under law or contract;
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent. Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering products purchased by you through the website or providing the services to you.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify you;
- to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product;
- to communicate either for sales or invoicing;
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you personalized information about products you have purchased previously;
- to administer and analyse our client base (purchasing behaviour and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/services offered/provided;
- to conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction;
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners) where you have expressed an interest in receiving such communications;
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for;
- for notifying you of any important information regarding your account or purchased products (for example, product recalls);
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfil obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymise Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised. We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law, but not longer than five years. To the extent that these laws permit, we will delete or anonymise your Personal Data upon request.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
If you decide to opt-in to our newsletter mailing list, you will receive e-mails that may include, without limitation, company news, updates, related product or service information. These e-mails may be provided in multiple languages. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future newsletter e-mails, we include English language unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each e-mail. Alternatively, you can contact us at any time to withdraw your consent to receive such messages. Site visitors who opt to subscribe to our blog updates or newsletter mailing lists by submitting their e-mail address in a dedicated subscription form will be subscribed through the Jetpack (WordPress.com) system.
Data Used: To initiate and process subscriptions, the following information is used: subscriber’s e-mail address and the ID of the post or comment (depending on the specific subscription being processed). In the event of a new subscription being initiated, we also collect some basic server data, including all of the subscribing user’s HTTP request headers, the IP address from which the subscribing user is viewing the page, and the URI which was given in order to access the page (
DOCUMENT_URI). This server data used for the exclusive purpose of monitoring and preventing abuse and spam.
Activity Tracked: Functionality cookies are set for a duration of 347 days to remember a visitor’s blog and post subscription choices if, in fact, they have an active subscription.
Please refer to this Jetpack cookie information page for assistance with locating and removing the relevant cookies from your system.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to directly enhance your customer experience. We share your data with:
Our processing partners:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS): Website hosting (storage).
- Automattic: Processing limited statistics through WordPress.com, Gravatar options on our comments pages and managing newsletter subscriptions, as described above in this policy.
- Help Scout: Helpdesk management and e-mail processing (including contact forms).
- Google: Analytics (anonymous), embedded YouTube content, document processing, e-mail processing.
- Mailgun: Automated website e-mail delivery.
- Paypal: Electronic payment processing (if Paypal is selected as the payment method).
- Slack: Processing of internal technical support and social media data.
- Stripe: Electronic payment processing (all other digital payment methods).
- Vimeo: Embedded website video content.
- WooCommerce: Website order processing.
- WP Engine: Website and database hosting.
- Xero (France, UK, USA): Order processing and invoicing.
Our business partners:
Connected third parties:
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
From time to time, we may include or offer third party products or services through the Website, or link to third party sites. These third party websites have separate and independent privacy policies. These third party websites are not owned or controlled by Ascent Information Technology Limited; therefore we have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these third party websites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of the Website and welcome any feedback about these third party websites.
How we secure your data
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
Our website is run from the United States and as HUE operates worldwide, all of our service partners have been checked to ensure that they are fully compliant with European data protection legislation. A list of the providers we use to store and process our website data is included under ‘Our Processing Partners’ above.
We comply with PCI-DSS payment processing regulations and our website is regularly security scanned by Trustwave Holdings, Inc.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
For the purpose of this policy, a child is defined as a natural person under 16 years of age.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not directly target children with our services. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us for assistance. If we become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, we take steps to remove that information and terminate the corresponding account, if applicable.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings, and if you choose to Refuse or Revoke cookies using our browser bar below, all third party cookies will be refused or removed. You can click here to view the browser bar again: Revoke cookies
For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Third party cookies
We also collect additional traffic statistics through WordPress.com and its Jetpack system.
Data Used: IP address, WordPress.com user ID (if logged in), WordPress.com username (if logged in), user agent, visiting URL, referring URL, timestamp of event, browser language, country code. Important: The site owner does not have access to any of this information via this feature. For example, a site owner can see that a specific post has 285 views, but he/she cannot see which specific users/accounts viewed that post. Stats logs — containing visitor IP addresses and WordPress.com usernames (if available) — are retained by Automattic for 28 days and are used for the sole purpose of powering this feature.
In most cases, the quickest way to contact us is through our website contact form. All other queries for our data processing team regarding your Personal Data should be sent directly to our administrative office at 12 Enterprise Way, London SW18 1FZ, United Kingdom, or faxed to +44 (0) 7183 8873.
If you feel that your personal data has been processed unsatisfactorily, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. The supervisory authority will then tell you of the progress and outcome of your complaint. The supervisory authority in the United Kingdom is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
The main address for this website is https://huehd.com, and it is also accessible through https://huehd.net and https://icreatetoeducate.com
The most recent modification was made on 20th January 2020 (addition of additional VAT numbers).