What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on the Company Website, use the Services, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form. When ordering or registering on the Company Website or using the Services, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information and other similar information. In addition, the Company’s web servers automatically collect the Internet protocol addresses from which you accessed the Company Website.
What do we use your information for?
The information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience – Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve the Company Website – We continually strive to improve the Company Website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve the Services – Your information helps us to more effectively provide the Services offered on or through the Company Website.
- To process transactions – Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering products purchased by you through the Company Website, providing the Services to you or as described below under the heading “Do we disclose any information to outside parties?”.
- To send periodic emails that may include administering a contest, promotion, or survey – The email address you provide to us for order processing will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order and to provide you with the Services, unless you opt-in to receive emails from us regarding contests, promotions or surveys when you establish an account with us.
If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include, without limitation, company news, updates, related product or service information.
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How do we protect your information?
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will never ask for your account password.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated, or if you would like us to provide any personal information we may hold about you.
We use “cookies” on the Company Website. A cookie is a piece of alphanumeric data stored on a Company Website visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to the Company Website and identify repeat visitors to the Company Website. Cookies enable us to customize and enhance the user experience on the Company Website. We use the resulting non-personally identifiable information, such as your browser version, IP address, referring domains, pages visited, your mobile carrier, device and application IDs, the nature of your use of the Company Website and cookie information, to improve the Company Website delivery, including advertising, and to develop analytics and aggregated data that allow us to utilize the Company Website and reach out to you via the Company Website.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
Third party links
From time to time, we may include or offer third party products or services through the Company Website. These third party websites have separate and independent privacy policies. These third party websites are not owned or controlled by the Company; therefore we have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these third party websites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of the Company Website and welcome any feedback about these third party websites.
The Company Website is not directed to people under 13 years of age. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we take steps to remove that information and terminate the corresponding account, if applicable.
Beta testing of pre-release software
If you participate in any beta test for HUE, use of the test software is subject to these additional binding Terms.
- You must be over 18 years of age to take part in a HUE beta test.
- You must keep confidential all information relating to the test software and the beta test.
- Any codes or passwords which give access to test software or beta test forums are personal to you and must not be shared with anyone else.
- You must keep the test software secure and in good condition. You are licensed to use the test software on a non-exclusive, revocable, non-transferable, limited basis and you must only use it for the beta tests. You must not copy the test software nor give or sell it to anyone and you must not try to reverse engineer it or use it to create derivative works.
- From time to time during the tests we may modify the test software and related content and services automatically and without notice. Modifications may cause loss of data or content and loss of function or utility. You hereby authorise us to make all such modifications and agree that, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we are not liable for any loss of data, content, function or utility.
- We will use any personal information which you give us when you register or during the course of the beta tests to operate the tests and for research and analysis, in particular to improve the test software and our other products and services.
- You agree that your suggestions for improvements, enhancements and other changes to the test software, and our other products and services, and any material which you provide to us during the beta test will belong to us and may be implemented by us, in whole or in part, without any payment or other compensation to you or anyone else. If your suggestions are not your own original ideas, please do not submit them.
- We reserve the right to suspend or cancel any beta test or your access to any beta test at any time in our absolute discretion. If we believe that you are in breach of any of these Terms or any other relevant terms, we may terminate your participation.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, these Terms shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and the contract between you and us shall be deemed to have been formed and performed in England.
This policy was last modified on 23rd February, 2015