The HUE HD camera is a cost-effective alternative to a standard classroom document camera, and is perfect for stop-motion animation. Easy to use and portable, this camera is popular with teachers throughout the world.
The built-in microphone allows you to record your presentation or a student speaking about a topic. With its weighted base and flexible neck, the camera can also be used to magnify very small items such as insects, circuit boards and more to share them with the whole classroom.
- Unique, innovatively-designed USB camera with a built-in microphone.
- The camera can be removed from its base and plugged directly into a USB port for use as a webcam with online chat applications, such as Skype™, FaceTime, Google Talk, Yahoo! Messenger and every other major network. It will also work with web-casting services such as uStream.
- Widely used as a portable classroom document camera/visualiser in conjunction with a whiteboard.
- Perfect for creating animated films, live videos or time-lapse recordings with HUE Animation, available separately or as a bundle.
- Use the camera for real time live video and for recording sound and video. The HUE USB camera produces excellent image quality even when projected onto a whiteboard.
- Plug and play: simply connect the HUE camera to your computer’s USB port and it will be ready to use.
- By connecting your HUE camera to your computer and a projector you can share students’ work, books, experiments and pictures.
Use HUE visualisers for:
- Lessons on an interactive whiteboard
- Student presentations
- An alternative to a basic microscope
- Stop motion animation
- Distance learning
- Video journals (vlogging)
- Video chat with other schools
- Video conferencing
The HUE HD Camera is also available bundled with our HUE Animation software as part of HUE Animation Studio.
- HUE HD camera
- Camera base
- 6 ft (1.8m) USB to mini-USB cable
- Record video and sound directly to the computer
- Capture images up to A5
- Full 360° rotation
- Manual focus
- Optional base
- Integrated USB microphone
- Plug and Play (UVC compatible)
- Compatible with Windows and macOS (Mac OS X)
- Available in a choice of colors
The HUE HD camera will work on all computers which have a USB port and support UVC ‘plug and play’ cameras, including Windows (10, 8, 7, Vista, XP), macOS (Mac OS X 10.4.3 and later) and most Linux distributions. HUE cameras can also be plugged directly into an interactive flat panel display if the panel has its own built-in operating system. A list of known compatible devices is available here.
- Suitable for both 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows 10, 8, 7 and macOS
- Also compatible with the 32-bit editions of Windows XP and Vista
- Universal Mac compatibility: works with both Intel and PowerPC Macs
- 128 MB RAM (512 MB RAM recommended)
- Available USB 2.0, 3.0 or 1.1 port
- Microphone requires a compatible sound card and speakers (recommended 16 bit or higher)
- USB powered
- 5-layer antiglare optical lens
- Video format: MJPG, YUY2
- Viewing angle: 73 degrees
- Focus range: 5cm ~ infinity
- Low barrel/pincushion distortion and focus variation at edges of visual field
- Video resolution (interpolated): 1600 x 1200 (10 fps real time), 1024 x 768, 800 x 600 (15 fps)
- Video resolution (native): 1280 x 720 to 160 x 120 (30 fps)
- Supports lower rates (0-30 fps contiguous)
- Accurate (+/- 0.25 FPS) video frame rate even in low-light environments
- Microphone features noise reduction/cancellation
- Microphone sampling rate: 8000/16000Hz
- Microphone sampling accuracy: <5 PPM
For further assistance, please contact us.
Veuillez consulter notre site web en français pour plus d’informations ou nous contacter par e-mail pour tout renseignement complémentaire.
Modulo di contatto.
Für weitere Informationen kontaktieren Sie uns bitte.
If you need to download the HUE HD Camera’s viewing software, please visit this link.