Animating LEGO® characters is lots of fun, but it can be tricky to change their facial expressions by replacing their tiny heads.
Thankfully, Stop Motion Studio has a fantastic feature that enables you to add digital faces to your LEGO® characters after you have animated them.
You will need to turn your LEGO® Minifugure’s head all the way round so that you can animate your character with a blank face.
To add faces to your character:
- Right-click on the first frame in the timeline and select Edit.
- Click on the plus (+) symbol at the top right hand side of the screen and select Face.
- Use your mouse to resize and position the LEGO face so it fits perfectly onto your character.
- Copy the face by hitting Command – or Control for PC users – plus the C key on your keyboard. Alternatively, right-click the face layer on the sidebar and select Copy.
- Click on the small arrow at the top of the screen to display the next frame (you can also use the arrow keys on your keyboard).
- Hit command – or control for PC users – plus the V key on your keyboard, to paste the face from the previous frame.
Repeat this process for all of the frames that will be using the selected face.
To edit the face:
- Select the face layer in the sidebar.
- Click on Edit at the top right hand side of the screen.
Here you will find lots of fun options such as changing your character’s eye and mouth shape, opacity and rotation.
Once you have finished editing the face, click Done.
To return to your project timeline, click the Back button.