Following the October 2018 update for Windows 10 (and Windows 8.1), some users may experience problems using their HUE camera hardware in Microsoft’s Camera application and the Chrome browser. The camera will work at first and then become unavailable after some time has elapsed.
If you are experiencing this problem with your HUE HD Pro Camera, or a new HUE HD Camera with no numbers printed on the silver focusing ring, please follow the steps below. You do not need to follow these steps if your camera is working normally and not exhibiting the problem.
1. Ensure that your HUE camera is connected to the computer by USB, and that it isn’t open in any software. The activity light on the camera head should be off.
2. Download the HUE Camera Updater tool.
3. Right-click the HUE Camera Updater.zip file and Extract it to your computer. Windows will prompt you to choose a location for the extracted files.
4. Open the extracted files and double click HUE Camera Updater.exe.
You will see a progress bar, as shown in the picture below.
Note: Do not disconnect the camera, reopen your video software or switch off the computer during the update. If the update is interrupted, the process will have to be repeated from step 4.
5. Once you see the message below, the update is complete. You can close the HUE Camera Updater window.
The next time you launch the Camera application or Google Chrome, the camera should work as normal again, without interruption.
Note: If the problem is not resolved with the update, you may have an older camera. Please download this older version of the HUE Camera Updater tool and repeat the steps above to apply the alternate update for older models.
If the problem remains, you can contact our support team for further assistance.