How do I capture a time-lapse video?
Posted on December 18, 2022 in
Time-lapse is a technique used in film-making to record processes that take place over long periods of time.
By capturing images at set intervals, we can see a high-speed version of reality when the footage is played back as a movie.
To create a time-lapse sequence in Stop Motion Studio for HUE:
- Click on the TIMER icon to the left-hand side of the red CAPTURE BUTTON.
- Use the slider to choose the number of seconds you want to set between captured frames.
For things that move slowly, such as plants growing, set a longer interval between frame captures. For faster moving activities, such as drawing or LEGO® building, set a shorter interval.
- Once you have set the interval, click DONE to close the time-lapse setting window.
- When you are ready to begin your time-lapse, click the red CAPTURE BUTTON to start auto-capturing images.
- When you have finished your time-lapse, click the red CAPTURE BUTTON once more to stop capturing images.
If you want to capture frames manually, don’t forget to return the auto-capture interval slider to the OFF position.