Reducing stress levels and easing teacher workload has become a high priority for many headteachers (The Graide Network).
TheHeadteacher states that “Coronavirus has only added to this tension with a sudden and steep learning curve involving mastering distance learning, operating in isolated bubbles, and coping with new technology. All this can make for a very stressed teacher.”
So how can technology help, and what do teachers want from the technology they are using?
The HUE HD Pro visualizer has allowed many teachers to adapt their classroom teaching techniques to teaching online. Because the camera is easy to set up, schools have been able to equip their teachers to teach from home without any prior training. HUE’s handy video conferencing guides for using HUE cameras with Zoom, Google Meet and Microsoft Teams have also helped teachers to be able to teach everything from elementary reading skills to University-level maths.
“Using technology effectively can reduce teacher workloads, minimizing pressures, and make life better by supporting wellbeing, health, and happiness. Although technology alone will not improve education, it can be a very powerful part of the solution.”Gilda Scarfe (CEO and Founder, Positive Ed)
A recent Teacher Tapp Twitter poll showed that teachers want solutions that are easy to use and don’t suddenly ‘break’ in the middle of a lesson or under observation. Teachers are education specialists and not technicians, so any product must work as advertised and not waste teaching time.
Here are some of the ways HUE cameras can reduce teacher workload and stress:
- They are Plug & Play devices that require no training and are easy to set up and use, as in this testimonial.
- It’s simple to take photos and record videos, then upload them to school projects and websites.
- HUE cameras are compatible with many interactive whiteboards and projectors.
- The cameras work with the most popular education applications that recognize a USB camera, as in this testimonial.
- They are designed for use with real-world objects, books, fossils and insect specimens, not just documents. See this testimonial for some examples.
- The HUE HD Pro model comes bundled with our HUE Intuition app, with a single-user license which lets one teacher work on multiple computers.
- The cameras can be used with Zoom, MS Teams, Google Meet, OBS Studio and many more video conferencing applications.
Save time and money
- HUE cameras save both time and money by enabling sharing documents and books, thereby reducing the need for photocopying.
- Teachers can record a lesson and share it for revision, or for home-schooled or absentee pupils, which saves duplication of work and effort. This leads to comments like this one.
- They are affordable for most budgets, so it’s possible to have a camera for every teacher.
Lightweight, flexible and portable
- There’s only one small piece of equipment to use, transport and store.
- They are lightweight and portable so they can be taken home for marking and lesson prep, as shown in this testimonial.
- The flexible arm makes it easy to position the camera exactly where you want it and move it during a lesson. See this testimonial.
HUE cameras facilitate creative teaching and are a modern interpretation of traditional teaching methods allowing teachers to present the curriculum uniquely. Chalk & Talk may have had its day; could Show & Share be its replacement?
Here’s a sample of quotes from teachers:
“If your school doesn’t have one, try and get a HUE visualizer. It’s been the best investment of my #nqt year. Achieved an “outstanding” lesson observation using one to edit work with my Yr 5’s this year.”
“They are amazing for modeling explanations and showing great examples of student work for live marking!”
“Live modelling in a teams lesson with y12 this morning using my @HUEHD Pro camera- enables online lessons to be so much more interactive and clear for students rather than clicking through a PowerPoint!”
“Student work can be shared easily, and it makes demonstrations more efficient.”
“Teachers love HUE because of its style, flexibility, and performance. I’d love to implement this in my Science/Math classes. Thank you for the opportunity to make classroom life a little easier!”
Thank you! ☺️
HUE cameras are an easy win because both teachers, students and even the finance team love them. They’re affordable and long-lasting, can be used on multiple computers around the school in classrooms and laboratories, in teachers’ homes, and you might find one or two in the school office too!