John Dabell of Teach Primary reviews the HUE HD Pro document camera, walking us through some of its many features and drawing attention to why this simple-to-use resource is a core teaching tool bringing learning to life, promoting class-wide participation and genuinely making an impactful, visible difference. You can read the full review on the Teach Primary website.
At a glance
- A lightweight, portable document camera and visualiser.
- Full 360° rotation and integrated USB microphone.
- Built-in LED lights for illuminating your teaching.
- Perfect for viewing a full A4 page.
- Comes with its own specially designed software.
- Makes classroom management easier by projecting teaching and learning moments.
- Great for live marking and peer assessment.
- Supports a formative way of working to capture children’s learning.
- Promotes access to information and secures whole class inclusion.
- Adds real value to your teaching and learning.
According to John Dabell, “This is a visualiser with a clever head, neck and base that seamlessly joins teaching, learning and assessment together and a very affordable bit of kit that can be used flexibly across a range of tasks from shared reading to CPD.
You can use it for ‘How to…’ demonstrations so children can clearly see the steps involved in a process and is particularly good for close-up or microscopic work.
The recording feature means that teaching isn’t lost and so allows you to replay the action as many times as you like so children can repeat and go back to learn and re-learn.
This makes the HUE HD Pro the ideal tool for spaced learning and revisiting knowledge and building memory for improved recall. It also makes you a more efficient teaching machine and that’s good for your well-being.
The HUE HD Pro is a delightful device to use that is so intuitive and could easily be integrated into whatever you are doing. Its reach extends as a tool for giving best practice professional demonstrations to colleagues as part of staff training or it could be used for recording your own teaching and sharing with mentors and coaches.”
Read the full review on Teach Primary’s Hot Products page for the HUE HD Pro document camera.