The Cycle of Seasons Activity Guide aims to help teachers set up and manage a stop motion animation project to explain the causes and effects of the four seasons. The guide has been designed to target students in Grades 3-7.
The free downloadable kit includes everything you need to get started in any classroom or after-school club, including optional activities, resources, cut-and-color templates, a storyboard and an example of the final video including the text for the script.
The video which accompanies the guide can be found on YouTube.
This activity guide aims to explain how the earth orbits around the sun and how the tilt of the earth on its axis causes the seasons. The guide is designed in such a way that children can understand and in turn, communicate this process to others. Teachers will be able to help their students animate the main concepts and necessary elements involved in the cycle of seasons.
By using stop motion animation as a teaching tool, students will be able to develop a wide range of skills:
- 21st century skills such as creativity, collaboration and critical thinking.
- Active learning, visualizing, and problem solving.
- Improving complex skills such as decision-making and language.
- Sequencing and chronological patterning of content to make great stories.
- Being able to transform an idea from vision into reality.
- Increase their visual attention.
- Endangered species
- Soil properties
We will also be producing activity guides for UK schools, and in the French and Spanish languages throughout 2020. Please feel free to share the guides with your colleagues and let us know if you like them. Simply tag us in your social media posts, especially if you share your animations, using the hashtag #TeachersLoveHUE !